Sunday, July 7, 2013

Washington's Lady

I've discovered I can read while riding the recumbent bike at the gym.  Which is great for two reasons:   1) the time goes by so much faster! 2) I'm flying through the books!

Anyway, I recently read Washington's Lady by Nancy Moser. I've read four other novels written by her and enjoyed them....but I didn't realize she wrote historical books based on real people.   I really enjoyed this book focusing on Martha Washington.   I believe the author did a great job of sticking to the facts yet presenting a great story.  I'm no expert on our first First Lady but I know enough to see that the story is mostly true.  It's told from Martha's point of view and I think we forget just how much heartbreak she had suffered before she met George---losing her husband and two children.  Worth reading if you enjoy historical novels!

A word about Nancy Moser's other books....she has a great way of writing books with plots that are very different from the norm.  I always find them to be great reads!   I've enjoyed The Time Lottery and its sequel, Crossroads, and John 3:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment